Membership in Historic Brighton
Historic Brighton, a private, not-for-profit organization was founded in 1999 with the support of the Landmark Society of Western New York. Its mission is to bring the town’s history and related information to our community through lectures, research and publications. In 2009, Historic Brighton earned its Permanent Absolute Charter from the State of New York.
As a member, you will receive our acclaimed and informative Historic Brighton News with interesting articles about Brighton’s past and present, along with information about upcoming events. Published four times a year, recent issues have focused on significant local architects and their work, interesting past residents such as Walter Hagen and Dr. Howard Hanson, the 19th century diaries of a local farmer, and many of Brighton’s wonderful neighborhoods.
Programs have focused on local architecture and architects, historic preservation, local treasures such as Corbett’s Glen and the Lost City of Tryon, the history of East Avenue, local historic gardens and many more interesting topics. In 2014, we celebrated Brighton’s Bicentennial with several successful events in association with the Town of Brighton.
We look forward to having you help us share Brighton’s rich history!
Our online membership ordering here is secure and easy to use. PayPal will automatically send us your email address for our mailing list, and will also ask for your physical address so that we can send you our quarterly newsletters. But if you prefer to have a paper form to mail in with your check, it is available here as well.
- Individual/Family: $25.00
- Club/Organization: $35.00
- Patron: $50.00
- Business: $75.00
- Corporate/Newsletter Sponsor: $250.00
Historic Brighton thanks these individuals and organizations for their support during the fiscal year 2020-2021:
- Dana and Bruce Gianniny for their support of the Ed Crone historic marker
- Dan Burns and M&T Bank for facilitating the placement of the Ed Crone historic marker.
- Rochester Area Community Foundation for grant funding to expand and improve our website.
- Brighton Volunteer Ambulance
- Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- Jamie Columbus, Judy’s Broker Network
- Pike Stained Glass Studio, Inc
- Tuthill Lighting Design. Inc.
- The Friendly Home
- Northwestern Mutual, David Urban
- Red Sun Chinese Cuisine
LIFE TIME membership
- Don Alhart