Historic Resources ➤ Links
Kory Yerkes, Media, Network, and Volunteer Services Manager at the Brighton Memorial Library, has compiled an extensive group of database and other resource links for those interested in exploring their genealogy. You can download a copy here. This list is the basis of a presentation, “Relatively Speaking” – A Genealogy Class”, given by Ms. Yerkes at a Historic Brighton event in January, 2023.
- Archival Methods, a local resource in Rochester, NY for archival storage and presentation supplies.
- Family History Preservation Guide & Catalog – a guide for family historians, collectors and memory-keepers – to help plan archival storage for photos and paper collections.
- Archival Methods Blog – a good resource for archival storage articles.
- The Photo Managers Academy – online classes about photo organizing.
- Family Timeline Worksheet – free download of a family timeline worksheet.
- Advice From the Photo Organizing Pros – Facebook group for Q&A about photo projects.
- Blog posts by Caroline Guntur – A good overview of metadata.
- YouTube videos by Amanda Littlecott – a great range of information about photo organizing, including some about metadata.
- Organizing Photos with Adobe Bridge – online course; Adobe Bridge is free software that’s great for adding metadata.
- The Fun & Easy Guide to Keywords & Search – for Apple Photos ecosystem.